We randomly selected three SheWants.com members to receive one item from their wishlist for the SheWants.com Valentine’s Day Gift Giveaway. Here are the lucky winners and the gifts they will be receiving:
SheWants.com will gift three lucky members one item from their wish list this Valentine’s Day. Founders, Adriana Padilla Mack and Marie Green, will also announce the top 14 items most desired by women on Cupid’s day of love.
SheWants.com is free to join so anyone can participate – just sign up, create a profile, and start adding items to your wish list. The three giveaway winners will be announced on Valentine’s Day, February 14th, 2012.
In addition to this all, SheWants.com will also reveal the top 14 Valentine’s Day must-haves for women on February 1st, just in time for the special day.
“Every girl deserves something special on Valentine’s Day and we want SheWants.com to be a part of that experience. For men, this site is a blessing, especially with the SheWants Not feature, which allows guests to know exactly which items to avoid when searching for the perfect gift,” says SheWants.com founder Adriana Padilla Mack.
SheWants.com continues to make gift giving simple year round, allowing women to keep all wish list items in one place, while eliminating unwanted gifts and saves gift givers time – perfect for Valentine’s Day or any occasion year round.
Tiny blue boxes are so last season! A great alternative to traditionally favored gifts for females, is the gift wrapped donation to her favorite charity. After opening everything that she ever wanted from her SheWants profile, a shiny package that gives back would be the icing on the cake. Gifting with a purpose has become the new de rigueur for ladies of substance and class. Our favorite pick for your darling’s gifted donation is The Moyer Foundation, a non-profit founded in 2000 by MLB World Series winning All-Star pitcher Jamie Moyer and his wife Karen. Together they have raised over $20 million to help support more than 225 different programs that help children in distress. By keeping the broad mission of “helping children in distress”, they have been able to create and fund a number of unconventional organizations that help children in creative ways. They have created a number of day camps to help kids going through a variety of crises. Camp Erin helps children deal with bereavement and Camp Mariposa caters to children affected by addiction ensuring that they don’t repeat the cycle. The best part about the organization is that they seek out grassroots organizations that would otherwise be left with little or no financial support. One of these groups is First Place School, which helps homeless children learn, grow, and transition into a normal lifestyle. In 2008 they received the AFP award for outstanding philanthropic organization. Here at SheWants, we know that your benevolent beauties will appreciate the purpose behind the package. So after Breakfast at Tiffany’s, head to The Moyer Foundation for a donation gift wrapped in your astute knowledge of her generous heart.
For more information on how to donate to the Moyer Foundation go to: www.moyerfoundation.org
1. Pamper your mom on Mother’s Day with this lustrous freshwater pearl akoya bracelet that adds a touch of elegance to any ensemble. Bracelet is $80.00 at www.panterajewlry.com.
2. Who says something romantic has to break the bank? With a tea lit drawn bath, dimly lit by luxurious glass candles of velvet red and tranquil white, you can instantly create a romantic setting at only 2.99 a candle from Ikea.com.
3. Nothing starts the day like a hot cup of gourmet coffee. With a classic French Press Coffee Maker from Ikea.com and a decorative mug from SheWants.com, you can enjoy freshly brewed coffee at home. Mug is only 9.99 and French Press Coffee Maker is 12.99
4. Mmm, the sweet scent of freshly baked homemade cookies can make anyone’s mouth water! Thoughtful and delicious, these tasty treats make the perfect affordable gift for Mother’s Day. Simply bundle them in plastic wrap, decorate with a bright ribbon, and don’t forget the heartfelt note to finish it off!
5. Finally, something for the eco-chic! Find a decorative 3 ring notebook or scrapbook and collect take out menus from local restaurants and arrange by type of food. You can put a sticker on the inside cover with the home address so babysitters and visitors know where to have the food delivered!
The Winter Olympics are being held this time in Vancouver, Canada and if you have ever been there you would agree that such a location is absolutely perfect for the Winter games. Vancouver is majestic, beautiful, and dreamy—what better place to make a lot of Americans dreams come true?
A few incredible athletes to watch are Alpine Skiers Lindsey Vonn and Bode Miller from the US! Lindsey known as the American darling and Miller as the Bad Boy. Both, contenders for Gold Medals but Vonn is expected to blow away the competition even though she suffered a shin bruise during practice and Miller is always a show stopper as you never know what he will do next – Now how is that for exciting as they race down the mountain?!
The following medals are current standings for the countries competing in the Winter Olympics and SHEWANTS will keep you posted so you can stay current! For a full listing of medals click here.